Selecting the right California criminal defense lawyer could be the most important decision you ever make. A conviction can restrict your freedom and have other far-reaching consequences, potentially harming your career prospects, housing opportunities, and ability to secure loans. With stakes that high, you should never go through the criminal justice system alone. Get an experienced Torrance criminal defense lawyer on your side immediately.
Contact The Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling today. Born and raised in Los Angeles, firm founder Justin Sterling advocates fiercely for clients charged with a broad range of crimes. With decades of experience practicing criminal law, he has the knowledge, reputation, and trial skills to protect your rights and defend your liberty. Take the first step and contact us now for a free consultation with a criminal defense attorney in Torrance.
Common Torrance Criminal Court Cases Handled by Justin E. Sterling
Our firm regularly assists clients in Torrance criminal court cases involving:
- Drug possession and trafficking
- Assault and battery cases
- Theft, burglary, and robbery
- White-collar crimes
- Domestic violence cases
- Traffic violations
- Sex offenses
- Violent crimes
- Weapons offenses
- Gang crimes
- Three-Strikes cases
Benefits of Hiring a Local Torrance Criminal Lawyer
You have a constitutional right to an attorney after an arrest. Always ask to speak with a lawyer before answering any questions from law enforcement. Anything you say can be used against you, and what seems like a harmless statement to you could actually be harmful to your case.
Working with a local criminal defense lawyer can give you peace of mind and the protection you need throughout the legal process. Here are key benefits a lawyer in your area can offer:
- Local connections – A local lawyer knows the area, the laws, and the key players who will be involved in your criminal case.
- Solid advice – A Torrance criminal attorney can explain your charges in simple terms, outline potential penalties, and discuss possible defense strategies.
- Paperwork management – Legal cases are document-heavy. Your lawyer can file the necessary paperwork and pay attention to all deadlines relevant to your case.
- Enforce your rights – You may have heard of your Miranda rights, such as the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney. But you have other rights that should be respected when you are taken into custody, such as protection from unlawful search and seizure. A Torrance criminal defense lawyer can look for violations to help poke holes in the prosecution’s case.
- Legal knowledge – Defense lawyers are trained professionals with extensive knowledge of the California Penal Code. You need someone with that experience to craft a compelling case that yields positive results.
Get Help From a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Torrance
The Law Office of Justice E. Sterling is a hard-hitting criminal defense law firm with a reputation for excellence and commitment to its clients. Call or contact us today for a free case review with a Torrance criminal defense lawyer.