Experienced legal representation is crucial to protecting your rights if you’re facing criminal charges in Santa Clarita. A conviction could jeopardize your freedom, future, and family relationships. With so much at risk, you need an ally to defend your rights and protect your interests. The Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling can help.
Our firm provides aggressive legal support to individuals charged with criminal offenses in the Greater Los Angeles metro area. No person should be defined by a single mistake or falsely accused of a crime. No matter the circumstances in your case, firm founder Justin E. Sterling can provide a vigorous defense for you. Call or contact us today for a free Santa Clarita criminal defense attorney consultation.
Understanding Your Rights After Being Arrested in Santa Clarita
Without a doubt, being taken into police custody and formally charged with a crime is frightening. However, the U.S. Constitution grants you fundamental rights to protect you from unjust prosecution. These rights include:
- The right to remain silent – You do not have to answer questions from the police. Remember, anything you say can be used against you in court.
- The right to an attorney – You have the right to a criminal defense lawyer as soon as you are detained. Invoke that right and ask for an attorney immediately.
- The presumption of innocence – You are innocent until proven guilty. Prosecutors must prove you are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt to obtain a conviction.
- The right to reasonable bail – The Eighth Amendment prohibits excessive bail.
- The right to a speedy trial – You have the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury.
Types of Criminal Cases Handled in Santa Clarita
Our firm regularly represents clients charged with criminal offenses like:
- Domestic violence
- Drug charges
- White-collar crimes
- Assault and battery
- Sex offenses
- Weapons charges
- Violent crimes
- Robbery, theft, and burglary
- Gang crimes
Why Choose a Local Santa Clarita Defense Lawyer?
Hiring the best criminal defense attorney in Santa Clarita is a highly personal decision. The right lawyer for you could be a horrible fit for someone else. Here are important factors to consider when selecting an attorney:
- Location – A local criminal defense lawyer will know the area and the people involved in the legal community.
- Experience – Look for a Santa Clarita criminal attorney with experience handling cases like yours.
- Results – An ethical attorney cannot guarantee a favorable outcome for you. However, a lawyer with a proven history of success can boost your confidence that you are choosing someone with the talents necessary to build a solid defense in your favor.
- Cost – Ask about the attorney’s fee structure to understand your financial obligations before formally retaining their services.
Contact Our Santa Clarita Criminal Defense Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling, we pride ourselves on providing honest, results-driven representation to every client. Contact us today for a free case review.