When facing criminal charges in Hawthorne, CA, you need experienced legal counsel to stand up for your rights and interests. A successful defense could reduce or eliminate penalties, ensure you receive fair treatment, and protect your future. Handling the situation on your own could have the opposite result.
With more than two decades of criminal trial experience, the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling has the experience and track record you can trust when the stakes are high. We have tried over 70 cases to verdict, achieving favorable outcomes in cases ranging from misdemeanor offenses to complex murder trials. We have local knowledge and close working relationships with Southland law enforcement agencies and courts. Our team also includes two former senior law enforcement officers working as in-house investigators, giving us an edge when building your defense.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a criminal defense lawyer in Hawthorne.
The Stakes: What You’re Up Against
An arrest and criminal conviction can impact your personal and professional life and severely damage your reputation. A conviction may also mean the loss of your freedom if you serve jail or prison time. In addition, a criminal record can make obtaining housing, employment, or educational opportunities challenging, even long after you’ve completed your sentence.
California prosecutors have substantial resources to pursue convictions in criminal cases. A Hawthorne criminal defense lawyer can level the playing field so you can fight back to defend your rights, reputation, or innocence.
Types of Criminal Cases We Handle
At the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling, we represent clients in a wide range of criminal cases.
Our Hawthorne, CA felony attorney can advocate for your rights and future if you’ve been charged with crimes like:
- Murder, including attempted murder
- Sexual offenses against minors, such as child molestation and child pornography
- Gross vehicular manslaughter
- Sale of a controlled substance
- Wobbler crimes, such as domestic violence, which could be a felony or misdemeanor at the prosecutor’s discretion
Getting help from our drug charges lawyer in Hawthorne is essential if you’ve been arrested or charged with crimes involving:
Attorney Justin E. Sterling is also an accomplished Hawthorne sexual assault attorney, defending clients against charges such as:
- Lewd conduct
- Sexual assault
- Sexual battery
- Human trafficking
- Rape, date rape, and statutory rape
Our firm can help if you’ve been accused of other crimes, including:
- Burglary and home invasion
- Fraud, including identity theft, credit card fraud, or insurance fraud
- Stalking and harassment
- Theft, including petty theft and shoplifting
- Three strikes cases
- Traffic offenses, including speeding and reckless driving
- Violent crimes
- Assault and battery
- Weapons charges, including unlawful possession or use of weapons
- White-collar crimes, including tax fraud, insurance fraud, and extortion
In California, every criminal defendant is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This places a heavy burden on the prosecution to secure a conviction. The Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling will explore every legal avenue and option to secure your best possible outcome. Every case is unique, and we will take the time to thoroughly understand your circumstances and identify the best legal strategies to seek an optimal result.
Navigating the Legal Process in Hawthorne
Here’s what you can expect during the legal process in Hawthorne:
- Arraignment, where the court will inform you of your charges and rights as a defendant and take your initial plea
- Bail, where the court may release you subject to you paying financial security to ensure your appearance throughout the case
- Pre-trial hearings and discovery
When you hire the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling, you can rest assured that firm founder Justin Sterling will personally guide you through each step of the legal process. Mr. Sterling can provide the advice you need to make informed decisions throughout your case.
Contact a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Hawthorne, CA
A criminal conviction can have significant consequences for your future. Don’t let an arrest damage your freedom or reputation. Contact the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling today for a free consultation with an experienced criminal defense lawyer in Hawthorne, CA.