Have you been arrested and charged with a crime in downtown Los Angeles? An arrest or conviction can negatively impact your reputation, freedom, and future. You need experienced legal counsel to stand up for your rights and fight your charges. A downtown L.A. criminal defense lawyer from the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling can help. Contact our firm to learn how we can fight for the best possible outcome in your case. The first consultation is free.
Downtown, L.A. Criminal Defense Practice Areas
The Law Offices of Justin A. Sterling is a respected Los Angeles criminal defense law firm. Our criminal defense lawyer can represent you in cases involving:
- Theft crimes, including petty theft, vehicle theft, or shoplifting
- Domestic violence
- Drug offenses
- Fraud crimes, including identity theft, Internet fraud, credit card fraud, forgery, insurance fraud, or government benefits fraud
- Sex crimes
- Traffic offenses
- Violent crimes, including kidnapping, false imprisonment, stalking, child abuse, or arson
- Assault and battery
- Weapons charges
- White-collar crimes, including tax evasion, bribery, embezzlement, or money laundering
Crime Statistics for Downtown L.A.
A report by USA Today found that Los Angeles experienced an 11 percent increase in its crime rate over one recent year, with 60 reported crimes per 1,000 residents. The data also showed that downtown L.A. experienced one of the most significant increases in crime, with a crime rate six times that of the citywide rate and three times that of other L.A. neighborhoods. There were over 370 reported crimes per 1,000 residents in downtown L.A. that year. The property crime rate in downtown L.A. was 167 crimes per 1,000 residents, while the violent crime rate was 45 per 1,000 residents.
Representing Clients in All Criminal Matters in Downtown L.A.
A downtown criminal defense attorney from the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling can help you navigate the stress and complexity of the California criminal justice system. You don’t have to face your charges alone. Our firm vigorously advocates for the rights and interests of our clients by:
- Independently investigating criminal charges to recover all available evidence
- Reviewing the facts to identify possible defense strategies, such as challenging the admissibility of the state’s evidence or raising factual or legal defenses to charges
- Taking the time to explain charges and the criminal justice process so clients know what to expect at each stage of their case
- Aggressively pursuing the best possible outcome in our clients’ cases, even when that means taking a case before a jury
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Downtown Criminal Defense Attorney
Following an arrest in downtown L.A., you need experienced legal representation to protect your right to fair treatment. Contact the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling today for a free, confidential consultation with a tough downtown criminal defense attorney. We can evaluate your case and discuss your legal options in a free consultation.