Building a strong defense is critical if you get charged with a crime in California. The best way to do that is by working with an experienced criminal defense lawyer with top credentials and a track record of obtaining favorable outcomes for their clients. Look no further than the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling. Our firm has over two decades of experience successfully defending the rights of individuals accused of crimes in Chatsworth and the surrounding Los Angeles areas.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Duties of a Chatsworth Criminal Defense Attorney
A criminal defense lawyer performs many tasks to help you navigate the California criminal justice system. Get one involved immediately after an arrest. You have a constitutional right to request a lawyer before submitting to questioning from the police.
A Chatsworth criminal defense attorney can:
- Review the case, explain the charges against you, and outline the potential outcomes
- Discuss possible defenses based on the circumstances of the case
- Investigate the case and collect evidence to support your defense
- Challenge the validity of evidence presented by prosecutors
- Identify and cross-examine witnesses
- Negotiate plea deals to minimize the penalties and, when possible, get the charges dismissed
- Represent you at trial
Think of your criminal lawyer as your best ally in fighting the charges against you. Their job is to do everything possible to enforce your rights and protect your life, liberty, and reputation.
Types of Criminal Cases
The Law Office of Justin E. Sterling handles a broad range of criminal cases, including:
- Theft or petty theft, shoplifting, and grand larceny
- Homicide, manslaughter, or murder
- Assault and aggravated assault
- Battery or aggravated battery
- White-collar crimes like embezzlement or fraud
- Child abuse
- Arson and other property crimes
- DUI/ DWI
- Drug crimes
- Firearm crimes
- Sex crimes, including sexual assault, prostitution, or solicitation
We handle both misdemeanor and felony charges, fighting hard for the best possible outcome for your case.
Tips for Choosing a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Chatsworth
The attorney you select to defend you in a criminal case needs experience and a track record of success, but it also must be someone you trust. You should feel comfortable sharing everything about your situation with your lawyer — the good, the bad, and the ugly. Everything you say in an attorney-client relationship is confidential.
Here are some tips for selecting the right criminal defense lawyer:
- Experience counts – Ask if the attorney has handled cases similar to yours before and what the outcomes were.
- Go local – Look for a criminal defense lawyer with a long history of handling cases in your area. A local lawyer will have established relationships with prosecutors, judges, and law enforcement, which gives them an edge when determining the right strategy for your case.
- Referrals help – Ask friends and family members if they know a trustworthy criminal defense lawyer. The State Bar of California also provides a list of certified lawyer referral services in your area to help you find qualified legal representation.
- Trust your gut – An attorney can have top credentials and a stellar reputation, but that’s not all that matters. Find someone else if the lawyer doesn’t feel like the right fit. You need a working relationship you feel comfortable with.
Get Help From a Hard-Hitting Criminal Defense Attorney in Chatsworth, CA
Time is of the essence when you’re charged with a criminal offense. Get in touch with a skilled criminal defense attorney from the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling today. We have over two decades of experience representing clients in high-stakes cases in Chatsworth and the L.A. area. Clients can attest to our skill in building robust defenses that stand up to the toughest challenges from prosecutors. Contact us today for a free consultation.