If you are facing criminal prosecution in Monterey Park, CA, you need experienced legal counsel to level the playing field and protect your rights. The criminal justice system is challenging to navigate alone, with many formal procedures that non-lawyers find difficult to understand without help. This can mean wasted time, a weak defense, and a greater likelihood of mistakes that could lead to a conviction. Rather than risk it on your own, get help from a seasoned criminal defense lawyer immediately.
The Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling is an award-winning criminal defense firm serving Monterey Park and the surrounding areas. Contact our firm today for a free case evaluation.
The Severity of Criminal Charges
California law classifies crimes as misdemeanors or felonies based on the severity of the offense. Misdemeanors are the less serious of the two. Penalties for a misdemeanor conviction typically include fines and probation. However, some misdemeanor offenses can result in jail time.
Felonies are the most serious criminal offenses, with convictions carrying penalties that could include substantial fines and a year or more in prison.
A criminal conviction can also have consequences beyond fines or a jail or prison term. For example, people convicted of some sex crimes may have to register as a sex offender. A criminal record may also damage your prospects when applying for jobs, securing housing, seeking loans, and pursuing certain educational opportunities. A conviction can also have damaging personal consequences, hurting your reputation and relationships with family and friends.
We Handle All Types of Criminal Charges
A Monterey Park criminal defense attorney with the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling can help you with misdemeanor and felony charges, including:
- Domestic violence, including harassment, stalking, or criminal threats
- Drug charges, including simple possession, possession with intent to distribute, and trafficking
- White-collar crimes, such as embezzlement, extortion, tax evasion, or identity theft
- Assault and battery
- Sex crimes, including sexual assault, statutory rape, or child molestation
- Weapons charges
- Violent crimes, including kidnapping, carjacking, child abuse, or arson
- Robbery/theft/burglary, including home invasion, shoplifting, or armed robbery
We also assist clients with obtaining expungements of criminal records when possible.
A Monterey Park Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Review Your Legal Options
A criminal defense lawyer in Monterey Park, CA, can guide you through the criminal justice process and help you pursue a favorable outcome by:
- Advising you of rights, including the right to remain silent
- Dealing with investigators and prosecutors
- Arranging your release from jail pending trial
- Investigating the charges against you to build an effective defense strategy
- Negotiating with the prosecution for a plea deal when appropriate
- Fighting your charges in court to maintain your innocence
Call a Criminal Defense Lawyer in Monterey Park, CA, Today
An arrest can have long-lasting consequences for your future but don’t give up without a fight. Hire an experienced attorney to stand up for your rights, reputation, and future. Contact the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling today for a free consultation to discuss your legal options with a criminal defense attorney in Monterey Park.