Charged with a crime in Manhattan Beach? You may feel like your life has been turned upside down — and that makes sense. Suddenly you’re up against a complex and confusing legal system, and your future is on the line. At times like these, hiring an experienced California criminal defense lawyer who can answer your questions and protect your rights could make or break your case.
Getting started quickly is the key to the best possible outcome, so let’s start now. Contact the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling today for a free consultation with a Manhattan Beach criminal defense attorney.
Types of Criminal Offenses in California
The Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling is a premier criminal defense firm handling all types of criminal cases, including:
- Drug offenses
- Sex crimes
- Assault and battery
- DUIs and traffic offenses
- Weapons charges
- Domestic violence
- White-collar crimes
- Three Strikes cases
The Criminal Defense Process in California
The Judicial Council of California clearly outlines how criminal cases proceed in California. A Manhattan Beach attorney can help you through every step of this process, which includes:
- Arrests and detention – You have the right to a criminal defense lawyer after an arrest. Ask to speak with an attorney to avoid incriminating yourself during interrogations.
- Arraignment and pretrial hearing – The arraignment is the first time you appear in court and where you could enter a plea of “guilty,” “not guilty,” or “no contest.” A defense attorney can advise you before your arraignment so you understand the charges against you, have representation in court, and have someone to negotiate with prosecutors to reduce or dismiss your charges.
- Trial – A criminal defense attorney can help you at trial by presenting compelling evidence on your behalf, cross-examining witnesses, and arguing for a favorable verdict or plea deal.
- Appeals – If the judge or jury rules against you, you have a right to an appeal.
The Value of Consulting a Manhattan Beach Criminal Defense Attorney
Consulting a criminal defense attorney is essential if you are charged with a crime in Manhattan Beach. Unfortunately, it’s easy to say something that jeopardizes your case unknowingly. This error can lead to harsher sentences, fines, or imprisonment. Retaining a criminal defense attorney right away helps ensure you know your rights and the best defense strategy to beat the charges in your case.
How Much Does a Criminal Defense Lawyer Cost?
The cost of hiring a criminal defense lawyer varies depending on your case’s complexity and the trial location. However, proceeding without a defense lawyer can be far more expensive, both in terms of legal consequences and financial penalties. When your future is at stake, investing in a hard-hitting criminal defense attorney is worth it. Many criminal defense lawyers offer affordable payment plans and free consultations. That way, you can make an informed decision and get guidance without worrying about upfront costs.
Get Help from a Criminal Defense Attorney
Have you been arrested or accused of a crime in Manhattan Beach, CA? Don’t put off getting the help you need to protect your life, liberty, and reputation. Contact a local criminal defense lawyer at the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling for a free case review.