A criminal charge can turn your life upside down. Getting caught in a legal battle with the threat of steep fines and prison time hanging over your head is understandably terrifying. You need a criminal defense lawyer in Bellflower to safeguard your rights and guide you through the California justice system. Turn to Attorney Justin E. Sterling.
For decades, the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling has successfully helped clients beat all types of criminal charges in the Los Angeles metro area. At our firm, we believe everyone deserves fair treatment under the law, and we’re here to ensure you get it. Contact us now for a free consultation.
What Steps Should I Take After Receiving a Criminal Charge in Bellflower?
After an arrest in Bellflower, you must take precautions to protect your rights and position yourself so your attorney can build a solid defense on your behalf. Here’s how:
- Remain silent. You do not have to answer any questions from police officers or investigators. Politely advise the officers that you wish to exercise your constitutional right to remain silent.
- Ask to speak to a criminal defense lawyer. You have the right to consult with an attorney before questioning by law enforcement and to have your attorney present during questioning. Law enforcement may not begin or continue questioning after you request a lawyer.
Our Firm Handles All Kinds of Criminal Charges in Bellflower
The Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling represents clients in a wide range of criminal matters, including:
- Domestic violence
- Drug charges
- White-collar crimes
- Assault and battery
- Sex crimes
- Weapons charges
- Violent crimes
- Theft and burglary crimes
- Fraud crimes
- Traffic offenses
What Penalties Could I Encounter if I’m Convicted?
Penalties for a criminal conviction in Bellflower will depend on the grading of the offense. The law categorizes criminal offenses as either misdemeanors or felonies. Misdemeanors are criminal offenses with penalties of six months or less in jail or a fine of several hundred dollars. However, some California misdemeanors have maximum jail terms of up to one year.
Felonies are more serious criminal offenses. Penalties for a felony include a prison term of more than a year plus fines that range from thousands to tens of thousands of dollars. The most serious felony offenses, such as murder, may result in a life sentence (with or without the possibility of parole) or the death penalty, which is still technically legal in California.
How Can the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling Help You?
Experienced legal representation can make a difference in the outcome of your criminal case. Our firm provides individualized attention and strategic planning to identify the best defense available to you, given the circumstances of your case. We will:
- Conduct an independent investigation of your case
- Analyze the facts and evidence to craft a solid criminal defense strategy tailored to your unique situation
- Identify weaknesses in the prosecution’s case
- Negotiate for reduced charges or a dismissal when appropriate
- Vigorously advocating your innocence to a judge or jury at trial if necessary
If you’ve been accused of or charged with a crime in Bellflower, the right lawyer will work tirelessly to protect your life, liberty, and future. Get a tough, no-nonsense California criminal defense attorney on your side today. Call the Law Offices of Justin E. Sterling for a free consultation.